Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Time off


Hi everyone! I know that I haven't blogged in over a year. I took some time off and had to regroup a bit. To be honest, I was heartbroken when I lost my 2nd grade job last year. I absolutely loved my school, staff, students, and parents. It was my best year of teaching! However, someone with higher seniority got my job. I was devestated and almost left the profession.

Then, that summer I was going through some more personal hardships. My boyfriend of 5 years and I decided that we needed a break. To add on, I had about 4 different interviews, and no job :( I had no idea why I wasn't getting a job. This was probably the hardest time of my life. I didn't get a job until a week before school started and it was for teaching 4th grade.

Granted, I was happy to get a job. But, I was devastated that I wasn't in my old school district. And instead of living down the street from my school, I now have a 45 minute commute. I struggled with this for months. I still struggle with missing my old school. I didn't have the same feeling this year as I did last year with the 2nd graders.

There is much more to my story about this year and I don't want to go into any details. But, I am moving classrooms (again!) and this time I'm staying in the school district. I'm really happy that I am going back into 2nd grade next year. I really liked teaching 4th grade this year; but, 2nd grade is where my heart is. Also, my boyfriend and I got back together and we couldn't be happier!

So, here's to next year being better, brighter, and learning to love teaching again. I lost it for a little bit after I lost my job last year. But, I am now trying to find the joy again. I am hoping that by teaching 2nd grade again next year, it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment